The Church of Mary is an Armenian church in Shiraz, built 355 years ago during the reign of Shah Abbas II Safavid, where Armenians of Shiraz still hold their religious ceremonies. In 1550, there was a small church on the current site of the church, surrounded by houses of Armenians living in Shiraz. This church is located near Moshir Mosque, next to the Armenian Bazaar.
In the church hall, there are plasterworks that can be considered as masterpieces of the 11th century. Inside the prayer hall, the roof is painted and domed. From outside and on the roof, no trace of a circular dome can be seen. It is worth mentioning that the Armenians of Fars settled in Shiraz mainly in the 16th century and Shah Abbas forced a large group of them to migrate from the city of Julfa to the central regions of Iran.
The Church of Mary is one of the churches of Shiraz, built in 1662. The Church was established at the same time with beautiful busts, statues and decorations of the Safavid era, where Armenian rituals were held.